Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Montgomery, Illinois


Last Friday, I went to my cousin's house in Montgomery, Illinois. It is a suberb outside of Chicago. We left around 11:30 in the morning. We were taken out of school, and we headed out to Montgomery. It is a 5 hour drive to Montgomery. We stopped at a Subway in West Union to eat lunch. We also stopped in Iowa City and went shopping. We shopped for about two hours. When we were done shopping, we went back to the car and I slept the rest of the way there. We arrived at their house around 8:30 p.m. Our cousin's were still awake when we got there. We gave them big hugs, and got our dtuff out of the car. After that, we set up the air mattress that two of us were going to sleep on. My parents got my cousin's, Dylan, bedroom. My sister, Sadie, and I slept on the air mattress. There must have been a hole in it because in the morning it was flat. The next day we celebrated my cousin, Ethan, 3rd birthday. My aunt's family came and so did my grandparent's. The party started at 4 and ended at 9. Most of the time, we were watching Christmas movies, or playing a game with the younger kids. After they left, we watched a movie and I almost fell asleep on their couch. I moved to the air mattress and fell asleep. The next morning, I woke up around 8:30. I kept my other cousin, Logan, occupied while his mom made him a bottle. Dylan is seven years old, Ethan is three years old, and Logan is about 5 months old. Dylan looks like his dad and Ethan looks like his mom. I think that Logan looks like Dylan. We left around noon that day and we said good-bye. I slept most of the way home and we stoped at my grandmother's house. We stayed there until about 9 and we said good-bye. After that, we got home and we had to unpack. Our dogs were happy to see us and it seemed like they would never stop wagging their tails.

No comments:

Post a Comment