Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend, Part 2


The next day, we went to Thanksgiving on my mom's side. We went to my grandparen's house. My family and I arrived there at around 1:30. When we got there, the food still wasn't ready, so we went over to my great-grandparent's house (across the street) becauase he just had a surgery. He was feeling much better. We stayed there about half an hour, then went back to my grandparent's house. The food was ready so we ate. We basically had the same thing that we had at the McGee's house. After we were done wating, we taught them how to play Going Nuts. They were kind of confused at first, but then got the hang of it. I forgot to tell you that you want to get the most points possible. For example, say you got rid of all your thirteen cards, you would then have nothing to subtract from the cards in the middle. Say someone got rid of their thirteen cards instead of you, you would then have to count the card you have left, say you had six cards left. You would have to multiply that by two and then subtract that from your pile. Say you only got twelve cards back, then you would have no points which you don't want. Sometimes people even get negative numbers. While we were playing the game, my dad and my aunt were partners, they got as low as negative 25 and then they made a comeback of plus 39. We also watched Christmas movies on the TV on their kithen. After we were done playing the game, I watched some of them with my younger cousin and almost fell asleep. We left around 10:30-11:00 and our older cousin came to stay the night with us. The next day we went to the free movie that was showing in Decorah. It was called Zookeeper. It was a good movie, but we had to wait half an hour because their was something going on with the projector. During that half an hour, we had a popcorn fight. It was fun, and we were right in the middle of everyone. At the end, we went to the McGee's and said good bye to our cousins and left around 5:30 so we could go to the Brockway's. We ate homeade pizza, which was amazing! Then we played a few rounds of Going Nuts. After that, we said good bye to my cousins and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment